Company: BB&T now Truist
Location: Raleigh & Charlotte, NC
Learn More: https://bbt.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers/job/Charlotte-NC/User-Interface-Designer_R0020684
It is truly an exciting time to join the BB&T now Truist, family. We are building all new digital experiences and are looking for innovative thinkers who want to make an impact.
With the merger of BB&T and SunTrust forming Truist, our new organization will take digital banking to the next level. This position is an opportunity to get in at the inception of a new organization that will be the 6th largest bank in the United States and design websites and mobile apps that will be seen and used by millions of people.
We are currently seeking an innovative and passionate Senior UI Designer to create a new visual experience for our public-facing digital banking platforms who is excited about expanding their current skillset as part of a fast-paced, multi-functional team.
To succeed in this role, you must use your creativity of design and knowledge of user interaction to capture intuitive interfaces across web and mobile platforms. Apply now and help define our digital direction.
What you’ll be doing:
1. Design and deliver high fidelity UI prototypes for web and mobile products that align with our experience goals, usability and accessibility standards
2. Leverage advanced graphic design and problem-solving skills to accomplish business objectives through the use of fonts, imagery and color palette
3. Collaborate with project team members to incorporate creative content and feedback into work
4. Coordinate with backend developers to deliver images and specs for implementation into online products
5. Conduct research on existing and emerging digital technologies to improve knowledge and workflow efficiency
6. Review and provide feedback on time estimates, project requirements and specifications.
7. Collaborate with teammates across multiple locations
What we are looking for:
1. Bachelor's degree in Design, Computer Science, Interactive Media or equivalent education and related training
2. Three or more years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience (interface or interaction design), digital consulting, digital product/program management
3. Excel in multiple core competencies such as visual design, user experience, front-end development, leadership, communication and problem solving
4. Expert experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and graphic design
5. Understanding of World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) guidelines and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0)
6. Ability to write source code for advanced HTML and CSS for cross-browser development
7. Great communication skills. Able to present complex topics in a simple and compelling manner
8. Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
We operate in small, innovative groups following Agile development practices with the resources of a Top 6 Bank, with openings in Charlotte and Raleigh, NC. We are in a market that differentiates primarily on user experience, and thus place great emphasis on building the best possible experience. If you are looking for a company that values what you do, where user experience is critical to the company success, where you can make a difference, and where your designs will be used by millions of customers, come join us.
We offer great benefits, 6% 401k match, pension, and relocation assistance. If you are interested in finding out more, please reach out to Tonita Terry at TTerry@BBandT.com. We look forward to hearing from you!