Company: BB&T now Truist
Location: Charlotte, NC or Atlanta, GA
Learn More: https://bbt.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Careers/job/Atlanta-GA/BB-T-Senior-UX-Researcher_R0021072
It is truly an exciting time to join the BB&T now Truist, family. We are building all new digital experiences and are looking for innovative thinkers who want to make an impact.
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate UX Researcher who loves learning about user needs and turning those learnings into insights that guide product designs.
With the merger of BB&T and SunTrust forming Truist, the new organization will take on new directions – aiming to disrupt digital banking. This position is an opportunity to get in at the inception of a new organization that will be the 6th largest bank in the United States, and conduct research to aid the design of websites and apps that will be used by millions of people. Come collaborate with top-notch research colleagues, product teams that are hungry for the insights, and a management team who wholeheartedly believes in the value of the research.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a well-rounded researcher that can help stakeholders turn abstract requests into meaningful research questions. You will need a strong collaboration spirit and be able to quickly design and turnaround research.
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
• Work with UX Designers and Product Owners to understand and define information that will help guide their designs
• Define and develop research that addresses stakeholder needs
• Conduct user research and summarize findings
• Help design and run benchmark usability tests, in-person moderated usability studies, and remote survey/studies that track user performance and satisfaction with our interfaces
• Help the product teams identify and better understand the digital needs of our users, and identify gaps between their needs and our current capabilities
• Follow how the industry is transforming, looking for UX research best practices that can improve efficiency
• Collaborate with teammates across multiple locations
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), user experience, human factors, usability engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
• Five or more years of experience conducting digital product research with end-users
• Experience conducting and analyzing data for both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
• Ability to calculate and present results of descriptive and inferential statistics, specifically hypothesis testing.
• Master’s degree in Design, Computer Science or related field
• Familiarity with Qualtrics, UserZoom, or similar survey design tools
• Experience working with research panels and/or vendors for recruiting participants
• Research on websites or mobile apps