Company: Second Nature
Location: Raleigh, NC
Learn more: https://secondnature.applytojob.com/apply/hxl9nKgeOJ/Senior-Specialist-UX-Strategy
The Senior Specialist, UX Strategy, will be responsible for defining the overall UX vision and strategy and driving its execution throughout the brand’s digital ecosystem. This role will relentlessly advocate on behalf of the user, ensuring The Business continuously removes friction points and introduces meaningful value into the customer journey, while ensuring business goals are achieved.
The Senior Specialist, UX Strategy, will work to identify business challenges and opportunities, study and understand users, identify design requirements, and implement brand-right high-touch experiences that create a win-win for The Business and users. The right candidate will possess a passion for digital and design trends and emerging technology, as well as a strong understanding of UX practices, especially with regard to DTC. This person must be a tenacious learner, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to rise above the environment and business activities to understand the big picture. Likelihood of success in the role will increase exponentially for candidates who understand usability heuristics and IXD principles that inform and help to elevate UI design.
What you’ll do:
- Champion thought leadership and process development by balancing business strategy, research findings, and creative innovation and ideation to generate unique, strategic solutions to satisfy a wide variety of needs and goals.
- Create, actively maintain, and evangelize the UX strategy, vision statement, design guidelines, and best practices through proper documentation and supporting illustrations.
- Work to develop high-quality user flows and end-to-end experiences.
- Lead product development processes from beginning to end, including requirements analysis, user research, prototyping, usability testing, and review.
- Closely collaborate within team, broader marketing department, creative studio, and engineering.
- Project manage UX projects, including identifying and managing applicable external resource(s) when needed
- Use business justification and case to translate business needs when assembling UX Briefs that inform design
- Ideate, prioritize, and tactically plan initiatives with UX roadmap
What you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, design, sociology, anthropology, or another related field
- 6+ years experience in ecommerce UX and UI
- Strong UX, user psychology, and design sensibilities that are data-driven
- Ability to rapidly test and iterate the UX designs with the stakeholders
- Experience with collecting relevant user data to improve designs and workflows
- Experience with agile software development and best practices
- Experience with applicable MarTech (preference for Adobe Experience Cloud, specifically AEM)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to juggle multiple assignments with ease
- Naturally curious problem-solver
- Competitive, with a strong work ethic
- Strong communicator both in written and verbal
- Possess experience in usability testing