Location: Charlotte, NC
Learn more: https://careers.truist.com/ShowJob/Id/860369/Senior-User-Experience-Designer/
Deliver business objectives through the creation of superior digital user experiences for BB&T clients, prospects and associates. Provide leadership for the usefulness and usability of solutions developed within assigned business segments and create a competitive advantage in user experience, a key evaluation criterion for our clients and critical to the success of digital products.
It is truly an exciting time to join the BB&T, soon-to-be Truist, family. We are building all new digital experiences and are looking for innovative thinkers who want to make an impact.
With the merger of BB&T and SunTrust forming Truist, the new organization will alter the course of banking as we know it. This position is an opportunity to get in at the inception of a new organization that will be born in the digital age with the dedication and resources necessary to develop transformative digital experiences that make a difference in the lives of our clients.
As part of the merger, we are redesigning from the ground up our public websites, our online banking applications (including the mobile applications), and several web applications that enable our clients to open accounts online. We are looking for someone to join our UX team and bring new ideas, new viewpoints, and experience in creating great mobile, tablet, and desktop user experiences. In this role you’ll work with a top-notch product team of visual designers, content strategists, product managers and developers daily, UX colleagues to turn to for reviews and ideas, and UX Researchers who will help you test ideas and learn about your customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- First and foremost, you’ll develop a deep understanding of your users through tests of your prototype designs, in-market performance tests of existing designs, and user needs analyses.
- You will utilize that knowledge to create highly usable, engaging designs and experiences
- You will iterate those designs through testing with end users to ensure success once developed
- You’ll also follow how the industry is transforming, looking for UX best practices that develop and identify critical trends that BB&T needs to stay ahead of
You’ll combine all this knowledge to help create a vision of the product’s evolution over the next few years, and work with your team to bring that about
What we are looking for:
- Someone who can demonstrate a history of prior success in bringing together a deep understanding of users, a knowledge of business goals, a talent for making complicated things simple, and a love for collaborating with a top-notch team as a UX Designer to produce highly successful user experiences
- Ability to identify the need and outline the goals of user research, and assist with the research design
- Degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), user experience, human factors, interaction design, or related field or equivalent experience
- Solid skills in the use of one or more wireframing or prototyping tools
(On February 7, 2019, it was announced that SunTrust Banks, Inc. and BB&T Corporation intend to merge, with the combined entity to be named Truist Financial Corporation (“Truist”). The merger is subject to regulatory approval, and BB&T and SunTrust remain separate and independent companies until the merger closes. This position, which would be for a role with Truist or an affiliate, is contingent upon the merger receiving regulatory approval and closing.)
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.