Location: RTP, Raleigh, NC
Learn More: https://netapp.eightfold.ai/careers/job?domain=netapp.com&pid=2212020
We at NetApp are building out a UX practice within the StorageGRID team and are seeking a talented and passionate UX Designer. You will partner with the product team and engineering to solve complex UX problems of managing and operating a geo-distributed storage system with hundreds of petabytes. If you are a passionate UX designer and looking to solve complex technical problems, this is the job for you.
We are true believers of Agile development and have been on the journey for many years. Since you maintain supreme levels of communications with your peers, we won’t inundate you with process and documentation. If you have a deep understanding of UX design and are intensely customer-focused, we know you will fit in with our team.
- Develop a deep understanding of user problems, objectives, and requirements
- Create an intuitive, efficient, and delightful experience via UI mockups and prototypes
- Execute all user experience design stages from concept to final hand-off to development team
- Advise front-end engineers on UX/UI implementation best practices - Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (eg, responsiveness)
- Expertise in standard UX software such as InVision and Balsamiq
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts
- 0-3 years of experience of UI/UX design
- Master’s degree in design, human-computer interaction, or related field such as industrial design or computer science