CREATIVITY & COGNITION 2007
Seeding Creativity: Tools, Media, and Environments
June 13-15, 2007, Washington DC, USA
The Creativity & Cognition Conference series began in 1993 and has evolved into a lively multidisciplinary event combining research and practice. Rigorous research is expanding as theoretic foundations are emerging and goals become more well-defined. Successful practice manifests itself in a growing array of creativity support tools for discovery and composition by software and other engineers, diverse scientists, product and graphic designers, architects, new media artists, musicians, educators, students, and many others.
The focus of CC2007 is on cultivating and sustaining creativity: understanding how to design and evaluate computational support tools, digital media, and sociotechnical environments that not only empower our creative processes and abilities, but that also encourage and nurture creative mindsets and lifestyles.
Topics appropriate for submissions include, but are not limited to:
* Principles for interface, interaction & software design
* Empirical evaluations by quantitative and qualitative methods
* In-depth case studies and ethnographic analyses
* Reflective accounts of individual and collaborative practice
* Educational and training methods to encourage creativity with novel interfaces
* Social mechanisms in support of creative communities and collaboratories
* Emerging technologies, media, and approaches in the arts and creative practices
* Transdisciplinary methods and collaboration models