Location: Raleigh, NC
Learn more: http://www.icidigital.com/careers/web-usability-design-manager
iCiDIGITAL delivers market-leading enterprise technology solutions that give our client’s a decided advantage. We create award-winning websites and interactive digital strategies that help improve marketing results, and create more profitable customer interactions. Our team of experienced specialists, and our track record of successful partnerships, gives us an edge in industry know-how and in understanding the big-picture. With expertise in AEM, and experience building adaptive systems with Adobe Marketing Cloud, iCiDIGITAL is a powerful implementation partner for enterprise organizations. Work with us to get ahead in the ever-changing digital landscape.
iCiDIGITAL is looking for a UX / UI Design Manager to supervise its growing creative and user experience consulting practice. The right fit for this role is someone who wants the responsibility of managing and growing a creative practice combined with a continued joy in doing hands-on creative work. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience spanning both the visual design and user experience testing/design disciplines focused on the delivery of complete websites for well-known brands (our typical clients). The candidate should be comfortable working with our sales team in selling projects as well as working with client executive stakeholders during project execution and delivery. Because iCiDIGITAL is committed not just to the ideation, but also to the turn-key delivery of enterprise web presences, the candidate must be comfortable working within larger delivery teams and project processes, working with front-end development and providing visual quality assurance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The below list represents the major tasks assigned to this job role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks.
- Manage a small team of Visual Designers, UX Designers and Information Architects in project contexts
- Provide support for our sales team in the selling of creative projects including presentations to key stakeholders and preparing RFP responses
- Lead customer engagements including understanding business goals and requirements through group discovery meetings and stakeholder interviews
- Be responsible for creative project execution and delivery both individually and as leader of the design practice
- Work closely with business stakeholders and an internal multidisciplinary team to translate user needs, technology capabilities, and business objectives into unique, engaging experiences throughout the product development lifecycle
- Lead and support UX test planning and activities to gather insights from end-users
- Develop personas, task flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes and user interface comps based upon usability principals, best practices and research
- Produce digital assets and visual requirement specs as needed
- Actively manage engagements to support overall project goals, budgets and timelines
- Implement best practices and processes across our design consulting practice
- 4+ years’ progressive experience in website UX, IA and Visual Design roles, preferably including high visibility F500 websites
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in human computer interaction, interaction design, information architecture, visual design, fine arts or a related program
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive and beautiful user-centered digital designs including larger websites
- Experience with designing for enterprise content management software, preferably Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies
- Expert knowledge and ability to explain Visual Design, IA and UX Principles
- Ability to develop conceptual ideas and art direction
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to successfully execute on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to develop and define creative project processes that deliver on the overall success of engagements
- Must work well with engineering teams as well as other creative professionals
- This position requires little to no travel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS REQUIREMENTS:
- Common office/desk environment that involves long periods of time at a stationary desk with extensive computer work that requires repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
iCiDIGITAL provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. iCiDIGITAL complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.