Company: Brooks Bell
Location: Raleigh, NC
Learn more: https://www.brooksbell.com/about/careers/#op-233245-user-experience-ux-designer
The ideal Brooks Bell UX Designer candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and exhibits the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. Ability to multi-task and work effectively while being able to efficiently manage time and multiple projects is key to the team's success. You are a self-motivated worker, who thrives in an environment that relies on your self-discipline and ability to set and meet daily and long-term deadlines. You are extremely detail-oriented and a strong communicator who responds well in a fast-paced environment.
The Brooks Bell UX Designer will be a member of the Brooks Bell testing team. As such, the core function of this role is to research, concept, design, user test, and produce all files needed to execute A/B tests for our clients. This includes creating digital assets that are consistent with the development team's standards and templates, as well as selecting images, designing layouts, and creating digital experiences that answer user issues outlined by our digital analytics and user research sessions.
- Strive to understand what the user needs/wants to accomplish
- Sketch and wireframe digital experiences
- Design/layout UI and UX solutions that adhere to our clients’ brand standards
- Develop simple interactive prototypes using flat file programs or HTML/CSS
- Design, observe, document and interpret tasked-focused user research
- Interpret and combine quantitative user data with qualitative user data
- 3-5 years of experience in user research, UX/UI design, web and app design, and/or front end development
- College degree, or equivalent experience, in this or another related field (ie Psychology, Human Factors, Design Thinking, or Communications)
- Proficiency in Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Working knowledge of user-focused testing tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in designing/building for the web
- Demonstrated experience in solving usability problems
- Proficient in Mac OS, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to travel for short and/or long term on-site assignments (up to 50%)
- Experience with A/B split testing, targeting and/or conversion optimization
- Experience/knowledge of print design/layout
- This position has no management responsibility.
Physical work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time (40 hours per week) exempt position.
About Brooks Bell:
Brooks Bell is the best independent optimization and testing agency in the industry. Our team of data-driven conversion experts focuses on a full-service optimization and testing process including marketing strategy, design and copy, A/B testing, multivariate testing, analytics and test management, monitoring and reporting. We’ll determine what and whom to test, create effective marketing experiments and then visually communicate them. Brooks Bell’s services focus on site optimization, content optimization and landing page optimization. http://www.brooksbell.com.
Voted #1 2012 and #2 2013 ‘Best Places to Work’ from the Triangle Business Journal
Work with talented, energized, and happy people.