Location: Downtown Raleigh
Learn More: https://jobs.citrix.com/job/CITRA005812571/Senior-Product-Designer
Requisition ID: R13439
Questions about this role? Feel free to message Lauren Puckett on the Triangle Designers Slack channel. (Sign up for free on TriangleDesigners.com)
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
We are seeking a passionate and talented Senior Product Designer to guide our enterprise admin, end-user and mobile experiences to the next level.
Designers serve a vital role at Citrix. Efforts that go into creating the experiences and crafting the details in our products help transform the way people work. Our ideal candidate advocates for users and leverages data to design our product experiences. We appreciate designers who think deeply, have a good sense of humor, and love collaboration.
Serve as a proponent of user-centered design within and outside the company
- Advocate for users and the role of design in the product development process
- Incorporate and share new techniques based on industry trends
- Embody and advocate for the mission and goals of Product Design within Citrix
Collaborate within the design team and with cross-functional teams
- Work closely with user researchers and contribute to research strategies
- Understand the mission and goals of Product Design and communicate to product teams
- Actively communicate and share information with design teammates to ensure UI/UX pattern alignment across platforms and products
- Receive, weigh, and integrate feedback from cross-functional teams
Provide solutions with strategic intention
- Understand business goals, strategy, and product offerings
- Offer solutions that consider business goals and the impact across all products
Communicate design work within the design team and with cross-functional teams
- Present designs in a clear, confident, and logical manner
- Explain rationale for design decisions within a larger context
- Regularly share design iterations and project updates with management and team
Work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment on multiple products
- Translate complex content and information systems into simplified user experiences
- Create wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes for various platforms (e.g., web, mobile, and desktop)
- Set your own deadlines within the project schedule
- Take ownership over designs, decisions, and deliverables
- 5+ years of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design for multiple products, including experience in:
- User-centered design methods and techniques (e.g., user research and testing, data analysis, customer journey maps, etc.)
- Designing for software applications for multiple platforms (e.g., web, mobile, desktop)
- Working and collaborating in Agile development environments using management and issue tracking software (e.g., Jira)
- Demonstrates high proficiency in creating low- to high-fidelity: wireframes, designs concepts, prototypes, and technical documentation using industry tools (e.g., Sketch, Adobe CreativeCloud, InVision, Axure, Microsoft Office).
- Demonstrates a passion for design, our users, and collaboration with designers and cross-functional team members.
- Has a solid portfolio showcasing work that exhibits attention to detail and articulates design decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in visual design, interaction design, human factors, human-computer interaction, or equivalent professional experience