Senior User Experience Researchers and Designers at The MathWorks (multiple positions).
Come work at a great, stable company where:
- The development organization understands and supports user centered design
- User centered design happens on our products, our web site, *and* the internal tools our employees use to do their jobs
- You can be part of a dynamic team of other usability specialists.
- The company is profitable, growing, fun, and committed to changing the world with our products
So what will you do?
You will be responsible for providing user centered design activities related to several MathWorks product areas. You will work with teams to understand the user centered design needs of their projects and then develop creative solutions for meeting these needs.
You will make recommendations to team members about what usability methods to use to answer their questions about users and design directions for their projects. You will work closely with the team members to help them develop user profiles and create task lists. You will help them create paper prototypes, and review online prototypes developed by others. If your skills lie in visual and interaction design, you'll take on design projects for your teams.
You will run usability tests, conduct interviews, organize surveys, and complete any other usability assessments you think are appropriate. You will help the developers' record and interpret the results, and you will be responsible for making sure that the project team understands what users' feedback means. You will help the team decide what to do about feedback, and will provide input for design decisions based on that feedback. You will participate in documenting requirements and functional design specifications.
- BA or MA in cognitive psychology, human factors, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4-8 years as a usability engineer in software development, with direct experience with a variety of usability methods
- Knowledge of MathWorks products or Perforce a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to balance needs of a large number of concurrent projects.
All positions are located in Natick, Massachusetts.
For more information or to submit your resume, please contact Amy Kidd, Manager of MathWorks Products Usability at email@example.com
About The MathWorks:
Join us in accelerating the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. At the MathWorks, we cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that nurtures individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
The MathWorks, creator of MATLAB® and Simulink®, was founded in 1984 and currently employs more than 1,800 people worldwide. The company has been profitable every year since its inception and is privately held.
Come join us!