Location: Raleigh, NC
Learn more: Reach out to Tonita Terry at TTerry@BBandT.com
About the role:
User Experience Research Role with BB&T – help design a digital experience people will love!
We’re looking for a User Experience Researcher who loves learning about users and their needs and can turn that learning into insights that guide product designs. We are rethinking BBT.com, updating online banking and our mobile applications, and redesigning online banking for corporate clients, and are looking for someone who can conduct user research that will guide these efforts and help the product teams prioritize their work and improve their designs. It’s a big task, and we will support you with top-notch research colleagues to collaborate with, product teams that are hungry for the insights your research can provide them and eager to support you, and a management team who wholeheartedly believes in the value of the research and provides strong financial support. Your work in this area will improve the experiences of millions of customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- First and foremost, you’ll work with a variety of product teams to understand what information about our users will help guide their designs and devise creative and efficient approaches to get answers to their questions.
- You will partner with them to conduct the user research and summarize the learnings.
- You will help design and run benchmark usability tests and surveys that will track the performance of and satisfaction with our interfaces for functions that are important to our users and our business.
- You will help us identify and better understand the digital needs of our users, and identify gaps between their needs and our current capabilities.
- You will help monitor the sentiment of our users and identify patterns that need to be understood by the product teams.
- You will also follow how the industry is transforming, looking for UX research best practices that can improve efficiency and enable additional research.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in the role of a user experience researcher, defining and executing research that is able to measure the usability of digital interfaces and provide insights into possible ways to improve that performance, and defining and executing research that is able to identify user needs, both met and unmet
- Experience in running a variety of user research methods, and experience in planning the experimental designs, authoring the moderator guides, conducting statistical analyses, and writing final reports
- Degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), user experience, human factors, usability engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
About the Digital Channel at BB&T
BB&T’s Digital Channel is responsible for all digital interfaces for the bank, including our public website (bbt.com), our online banking site (including mobile apps for iPhone, iPad, and Android), and our online account opening processes. We operate as a small, co-located group following Agile development practices with the resources of a Top 10 Bank. We are in a market that differentiates primarily on user experience, and thus place great emphasis on building the best possible experience. If you are looking for a company that values what you do, where user experience is critical, where you can make a difference, and where your designs will be used by millions of customers, come join us.
We offer great benefits, 6% 401k match, pension, and relocation assistance. If you are interested in finding out more, please reach out to Tonita Terry at TTerry@BBandT.com. We look forward to hearing from you!