Location: Morrisville, NC
Learn more: https://www.valassisdigital.com/careers/?gnk=job&gni=8a7885ac6b7b7d30016b99a484bc53f9
Valassis is searching for an enthusiastic Senior Visual Designer to join our multidisciplinary UX and Product Design team in the Morrisville, NC office. We are seeking a collaborative individual who can easily blend typography, iconography, color, and texture together to craft designs that delight, inspire, and engage our users. As a Senior Visual Designer, you’ll rely on user-centered design principles and evidence-based results to produce high-quality designs that help our users successfully navigate Valassis’s product suite.
Are you tired of being a UX Unicorn and aspire to lead visual decisions as a product designer? Do you regularly obsess over the design details and aesthetics of the apps, products, and brands that you experience day to day? Are you interested in joining an energetic multidisciplinary team? Our UX Researchers, Interaction Designers, and Visual Designers inspire each other on a daily basis by sharing ideas, articles, interaction examples, and product designs. We are driven by our collective passion for innovation within the UX realm. We want another individual with a creative spark to fuel our enthusiasm.
What you'll do:
- Comprehend and visually articulate product requirements.
- Facilitate design meetings with Product team partners – Other UX team members, Product Managers, and Engineers - in order to drive exceptional UX outcomes.
- Visually conceptualize, ideate, and refine design solutions and patterns across multiple products.
- Manage and expand our internal Design System – focusing on UI controls, type, hierarchy, color, and iconography to help solve UX problems in simple and elegant ways.
- Data Visualization - putting big data and design together to create simplistic visualizations that are easily understood by our users.
- Create clickable prototypes and animations via InVision or other industry tools to adequately depict the end-user story for User Testing scenarios.
- Actively participate in team brainstorming and solution generation by collaborating with other Visual Designers, Interaction Designers, and UX researchers.
- Work closely with Engineers to ensure the vision for patterns and microinteractions are implemented.
- Be able to juggle high level redesigns and low level daily needs—easily pivot between the two.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Data Science, and Engineering teams during design, development, testing, and product releases.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Online portfolio or work examples of your visual design thought process.
- 5+ years of hands on experience with visual or product design.
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Interface Design, Human Computer Interaction, or other field related to visual design.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision or other similar tools.
- Superior communication and presentation skills and an ability to present to executive staff.
- Team player with an ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary team.
WHO WE ARE
Valassis Digital is a leading digital marketing intelligence company, providing a best-in-class data management platform and online and offline targeting capabilities that fuel superior display advertising and media offerings. Through proprietary technology and the Valassis Digital Consumer Graph™, we power the lifecycle of marketing campaigns – from planning to activation and measurement. In fact, 19 of 20 leading brands work with Valassis Digital to drive better campaign performance.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Valassis Digital offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k matching and generous PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available not to mention unlimited snacks and smart, friendly coworkers!
Valassis Digital considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. In addition, Valassis Digital will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.