Location: Durham, NC
Learn More: https://www.viget.com/careers/product-designer/
Viget is a digital agency / software development shop headquartered just outside of Washington, DC, (in Falls Church, VA) with additional offices in Durham, NC, Boulder, CO, and Chattanooga, TN. We've been at it since 1999 and have earned a solid reputation as a rare firm that does both great design and development work when building digital products and marketing platforms.
As a Product Designer at Viget you’ll help our clients concept, design, and launch complex digital experiences and compelling products. Your work will include all aspects of the design process including research, explorations, prototyping, and visual design. Our Product Designers work alongside industry-leading copywriters, researchers, project managers, and developers. In between projects, we share our opinions and write about our methods.
Our Product Designers:
- Work side-by-side with clients and Viget teammates to design high-quality digital products and experiences.
- Use creative user research methods and available data to inform design decisions and evaluate the effectiveness of those designs.
- Design high-quality, thoughtful interfaces that balance aesthetics and usability.
- Use prototyping tools to communicate complex interactive design ideas when appropriate.
- Are knowledgeable about accessibility and the impact design decisions have in making products usable for everyone.
- Are familiar with the possibilities and limitations of modern development approaches including web applications, client-side applications, and native mobile applications.
- Can clearly communicate recommendations to clients and teammates on product direction, design, functionality, and usability.
- Enjoy working with agile development teams on software applications, and helping clients focus on realistic deliverables.
- Consistently meet deadlines and are considerate of clients’ project budgets and timelines.
- Take pride in listening, communicating, and collaborating exceptionally well.
To be considered to work at Viget, you should exhibit these characteristics, too.
In a given week, our Product Designers might be:
- Facilitating a workshop with the client’s team, helping them evaluate which product concepts to build.
- Creating screen designs and flows for a complex new feature.
- Whiteboarding with the rest of the project team (project manager, developers) to plan out work for the week.
- Evaluating the usability of a proposed feature by testing a prototype with users.
Product Designers must also:
- Have an online portfolio or other example work you can share with us.
- Have a degree, certification, or equivalent work experience showing aptitude with digital product design.
Design at Viget:
The design team at Viget has three roles that provide our clients with services ranging from brand strategy to product design:
- UX Designers specialize in crafting complex marketing sites, content sites, and e-commerce sites.
- Product Designers specialize in creating compelling digital products.
- Creative Designers specialize in making visually-rich experiences and sites for brands.
How to Apply:
Introduce yourself using the form below. Our recruiters, Erica and Margaret, will respond typically within a day or two.
Please attach your resume and submit a cover letter discussing why you want to work at Viget, and how your previous experience relates to the position described. Examples of your previous work are also much appreciated.
Before you get in touch, feel free to learn more about Erica and Margaret on Viget's People Team. You can also get to know us better on Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and by exploring pointlesscorp.com.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are unable to offer work visa sponsorship at this time.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we’re committed to creating an inclusive workplace. In order to meet the diverse needs of our clients and make the digital world better for everyone, we seek to expand the diversity of our team. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodations or assistance during the application process, please email email@example.com.