Company: TruistDeliver business objectives through the creation of superior digital user experiences for BB&T clients, prospects and associates with leadership and strategy responsibilities that cross product lines. Provide leadership for a user research program that supports solutions developed within and across assigned business segments throughout the entire product life-cycle from conception through release and redesign. User research creates a competitive advantage for BB&T by understanding client needs, gathering client feedback on concepts and released products, and comparing opinions about our products to competitors to identify gaps and create user requirements.
Location: Charlotte, NC
Learn more: https://careers.truist.com/ShowJob/Id/860409/Principal-User-Experience-Researcher/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Develop/measure user experience (UX) key performance indicators that correlate with business revenue and financial key performance indicators. Manage and oversee user research conducted by others to scientifically measure the user experience and those key performance indicators.
2. Provide measurements of value to the client that can be used to refine product strategies by managing a user research program that identifies client needs, met and unmet by current digital products, and identifies those needs through methodically chosen and scientifically conducted user research studies.
3. Develop standards and best practices, and oversee quality of all user research conducted by Digital Services, ensuring the scientific validity of the data collected and trustworthiness of the insights produced by that data.
4. Enable Digital Services to speed up client responsiveness by identifying unknown client pain points and successes early through the development/invention of highly innovative solutions to synthesize and generate actionable insights from the results of all user research along with behavioral analytics and user feedback provided through various feedback channels (e.g. social media, phone channel, chat, in-app feedback).
5. Initiate new strategies on how to improve the usability of BB&T products and design process.
6. Identify and adopt new and emerging user experience research techniques, technologies and methodology process improvements to improve efficiency and value of user research data collected.
7. Build strong partnerships with senior management to validate direction of the user research program and communicate results of research studies. Build strong partnerships with other lines of business to share and facilitate cross-channel coordination.
8. Manage and direct user research vendors and tools. Create a vision, direction and roadmap of how third party research vendors will be used to supplement our internal research capabilities, including research tool suppliers, survey vendors, market research companies and outside consultants. Supervise consultants and research contractors to ensure quality of deliverables.
9. Serve as a lead consultant to Digital Services to ensure appropriate research techniques are utilized across the Channel. Estimate time, effort and costs of different approaches to guide the selection of a research approach, what to do internally and what to outsource, size and scope of the research, and data to collect.
10. Plan and conduct user research using techniques such as usability testing, remote moderated and unmoderated studies, performance benchmarks, competitive benchmarks, structured surveys, user interviews, focus groups, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, opinion benchmarks, longitudinal studies, diary studies, concept testing, card sorting and tree testing.
11. Analyze research data scientifically using the appropriate statistical analysis, comment analysis, and other quantitative and qualitative data analysis techniques.
12. Summarize research findings for project teams by creating usability problem lists, user requirements, personas, scenarios and presentations.
13. Evangelize the need for user research and publicize the benefits of user research by presenting to company executives and project teams.
14. Provide direct management and/or mentorship for junior members of the team.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ph.D. degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), User Experience, Usability Engineering or related field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Fifteen years of experience in the role of a user experience researcher, defining and executing user experience research that is able to measure impact of the user experience on client acquisition, satisfaction, retention and other key performance indicators, and identifying user needs through facilitating a wide variety of user research techniques including usability tests, performance benchmarks, option benchmarks, competitive benchmarks, focus groups, interviews, structured surveys, ethnographic studies, contextual inquires, prototype walkthroughs, card sorting and longitudinal studies, among others
3. Ten years of experience designing and executing individual research studies, and overseeing the experimental design, moderator guides, statistical analyses and final reporting of other user researchers to ensure quality and accuracy
4. Five years of experience running a research program, defining and measuring the business value gained with the program and coordinating research strategies across multiple product lines
5. Extensive knowledge of research techniques and the understanding of when to use what technique to ensure validity of data collected when conducting research with human participants
6. Extensive knowledge of experimental design obtained through post-graduate education to ensure bias is not introduced in the conducting of user research
7. Expert-level proficiency in the statistical analysis of results generated through research with humans, utilizing parametric and nonparametric statistics and statistical analysis software such as SPSS or SAS; experience with management of large datasets
8. Knowledge about human abilities, human limitations and other human characteristics that are relevant to design and the ability to apply that knowledge to the design of digital interfaces, systems, tasks and jobs for effective and efficient human use that maximize the strengths of humans and the strengths of computing systems and minimize their weaknesses
9. Demonstrated success in the identification and adoption of new and emerging user experience research techniques, technologies and methodologies
10. Demonstrated success in managing and directing research tool suppliers, survey vendors, market research companies and outside consultants
11. Demonstrated success using research tools such as User Zoom, Survey Monkey, Morae, Optimal Workshop and video recording equipment for both desktop and mobile testing
12. Excellent collaboration, teamwork, communication and presentation skills
13. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
14. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Experience in creating wireframes, mockups, high-fidelity and low-fidelity prototypes, navigational maps, information architecture, user workflows, screen layouts and conducting heuristic evaluations
2. Experience integrating user research into an agile product development process
3. Financial industry experience
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.