Learn more: https://www.webfirst.com/careers/information-architect
WebFirst, an award-winning Web & Mobile Development firm, is currently looking for a highly talented & creative Information Architect to join our team.
Our clients are some of the most well-respected names in education, health, agriculture, and international development – working with federal health agencies. You will be collaborating with top notch talent in our development department. Our projects aren’t just web applications – our solutions help our clients accomplish their mission which advances their causes. If you want something a little bit different, cutting edge, fun and challenging, then WebFirst is the place for you!
Location: Fully remote
Position Type: Full time Salaried (W-2) or 1099 Contractor Position (Temp to Perm) (However, strong preference for full time employee/conversion).
Start Date: 3/1/21
Initially, WebFirst is seeking an information architect to work with our customer and make recommendations for an in-progress migration of a Government Health website. The candidate must understand their business models and goals and help to define strategy for future enhancements of their web site. The candidate will work in a SAFe Agile environment with close contact with Content strategy, user experience, design, and technical implementation teams.
• Lead the IA development
• Clearly communicate analysis and recommendations to stakeholders.
• Make recommendations on how users can find content more easily using quantitative, qualitative and search analysis.
• Review and analysis of Content Types
• Develop navigation recommendations.
• Help define taxonomies to govern site organizational structure.
• Provide input on and possibility run research and user testing workshops to include user interviews, task analysis, tree sort and card sorting
• Create wireframes, site maps, and web behavior for data intensive websites and portals
• Analyze audiences and their informational and functional needs.
• Business / Requirements Analysis
• Must have strong communications skills
• Must have experience creating IA for public facing and intranet based websites
• Some experience with Content Strategy and/or taxonomy development
• Experience holding requirements sessions
• Experience working with agile development processes and designing for Content Management Systems (SAFe experience a plus).
• 5+ years of experience performing IA
• Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
• Strong knowledge of information architecture-related software (e.g. Adobe XD, UxPin, Miro, Invision, Axure etc.)
• Working knowledge of User Centered Design Principles and Practices
• Solid understanding of Section 508 and usability
• UI / Web / Mobile / Response Design skills are a plus
For FT Salaried candidates:
WebFirst offers a competitive salary, and in-house training to all staff members. Our strong commitment to offering our staff a solid work-life balance is apparent in our offering of daily flex time. We like to have fun too – come join us at our happy hours, annual picnic, and holiday party. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-match IRA program, an annual profit-sharing program and paid holiday schedule.
If interested, please send us a portfolio information (such as project artifacts, requirements docs, sitemaps, wires, etc.). We look forward to hearing from you.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Public Trust clearance is required (We will assist). Must be able to pass a security clearance for federal contracting work.
At WebFirst, we value our staff's input and strive to create a learning environment for our team! Moreover, we are committed to creating a solid work-life balance with daily flex time and monthly paid leave time for community service activities. We like to have fun as well - with
• Regular happy hours
• An annual picnic
• Holiday party
• Outdoor Activities
We offer a comprehensive benefits package (including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and STD), company-matched IRA program, HSA, an annual profit-sharing program, and 3 weeks of annual leave.