Learn More: https://www.coinbase.com/careers/positions/3846600
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is seeking interns to join our User Research team for a 12-week internship to understand user needs for existing products like Retail, Pro, Custody, etc. You will contribute to unique, large scale, highly complex product problems. You will help researchers, designers, and product managers craft thoughtful experiences to help enable all people to engage with the cryptoeconomy.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Work on one or more research projects with other researchers, designers, and product managers to investigate a product problem or area.
- Learn how to plan and execute research to solve complex and ambiguous product problems.
- Craft one or more research reports to clearly communicate your findings and make impactful design and product recommendations for the team.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Enrollment in a Bachelors, Masters, or trade program certificate in a Design-related field, with a graduation date between Summer 2021 and Summer 2023.
- Enjoy thinking about how people interact with products as well as building experiences that users love.
- Working knowledge of general research principles (experimental design, bias, confounds, etc.) and UX research principles (usability testing, design thinking, etc.).
- Self-motivated and committed to personal growth.
- Approach problems with positive energy.
In order to be considered further, submit your application by Wednesday, February 16, 2022.